Please note that Microsoft replaced Internet Explorer with Edge in 2016. Internet Explorer is no longer updated with the latest security or modern internet features. To use the LMS you will need to use a modern and secure browser, we recommend any of the following will work:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
All of these browsers are free to download and install. To stay protected online we highly recommend that you regularly update your internet browsers, virus definitions and malware software.
Our site and courses will also work on most modern tablets and phones using Android (version 9 onwards) and IOS (version 10 onwards). We recommend downloading the Chrome browser applications on mobile versions for best results.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (ONLY version 11 and later).
Microsoft has recommended using Edge since 2017 so if you are able to use Edge or one of the other browsers listed above we recommend that you do so. Our site is built using secure modern code that Internet Explorer is not capable of displaying correctly e.g. images might not appear, menus might be out of place, and text could be jumbled together. If you are restricted to only using Internet Explorer, sometimes issues can be fixed by adding our site to your Compatibility View list.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1) , 8 and 10* recommended or Apple OSX 10.5
- Processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster (32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64))
- Internet connection speed of at least 2048kbs (also known as 2 Megabyte)
- Your PC needs to have a sound card, and for the convenience of others, a headphone socket.
- Suitable screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or more
- Graphics card - Direct x 9 (or newer)
- Web browser cookies enabled
FYI: our most common reason for the fault is a slow or unresponsive connection to the internet.
- a slow connection or
- a connection being interrupted by third party software (security or malware) or
- a connection being interrupted by network security
- out of date client software causing a security issue (e.g. internet explorer or flash player)
If this problem is only being experienced by one user on site then the problem most likely lies within the users setup. Here is a troubleshooting guide that may help you or your IT team to diagnose.
COMPANY SECURITY POLICIES
If you are accessing the content from a PC managed by your company then they may have a policy that restricts the updating of certain software. If this is the case then please contact your It department to find out the best way of enabling you to have access.
TIP: Tell them that all video and audio content is delivered from this URL it may simply be a case of adding this to a company security policy safe list.
ALSO CHECK THE FOLLOWING
- Has there been an interruption of service or connection problems to the Local Network?
- Are there any issues related to external ISP or network providers e.g. B.T.?
- Are other users on the site able to view the e-Learning or are they experiencing identical problems?
- Does the problem still happen if you try to access the course on another Computer?
- Does the problem still happen if you try to access the course with your computer at a different location?
- Does the computer have up to date Malware/Virus protection and is the computer free of all such issues?
- Is the Internet Browser and Flash Player working correctly, and are there any unexpected plug-ins or extensions that could interfere?
- Are there any Firewall or Proxy settings interfering?
- Have there been any recent IT policies rolled out that may interfere?
- Is the browser in Compatibility Mode?